Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out. Of. The. Pit.

Austin apparently took a very good nap yesterday afternoon... Which is wonderful...

EXCEPT...

that he did not want to go to bed at 8:00 pm. Around 10:00 pm, he poked his head up out of bed and asked me, "Mom, what are you doing?"

"Memorizing some Bible verses," I replied. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing... can I memorize a Bible verse?"

"Of course, sweetheart!" I figured that John 3:16a would be a great verse for the evening. After he had it down pat, he turned to me. "So mom, what is your Bible verse?"

And I taught him Psalm 40:2.

It is just not the same for me to tell you about it, however, you just have to hear his sweet little voice saying God's Word. Talk about delighting this mommy's heart!!!

but as you will be able to tell from the video, he actually liked my verse better than his own. "God lifted me out of the pit!" Oh my goodness, the way he says that verse... how does a little boy not completely steal a mom's heart? I don't know.

Austin, little do you know how much God has lifted your mommy out of the pit - and He uses you, precious boy. All the time, He uses you! I loved memorizing scripture last night with you in the wee hours of the night when we both should have been sleeping!


1 comment:

MommytoAJ4 said...

There is nothing in the world that will make me tear up as fast as a little one speaking God's word. Thanks for the priceless cry tonight!