Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Staple Gun, some Sheets, and My mom

As many of you know, my mom is a crafty little wizard, a handy-woman extraordinaire, and a baby whisperer (which I don't need at the current moment). I do, however, need her other talents. So, when she came into town last weekend, she asked if there was anything I wanted to accomplish. "A Kitchen Renovation!" I screamed aloud!

However, before I reveal the kitchen, I need to show you what she did to my living room with $9 sheets from Walmart and a staple gun.

Living Room Before
livingroomfinished4

Living Room After
IMG_3064
Yes, new window treatments for $9 and a staple gun! Maybe someday I will do a close up tutorial... Until then, I am going to pretend that I have fancy drapes hanging up in my house and that my mom didn't rip up sheets with her hands and then staple them to my wall.

I love them...
Ignore, the pinkish pillows on the couch, we were just experimenting with splashes of color on the couch... those aren't the pillows that will stay..

My mom, however, can do whatever she wants to my house because of how she helped me in my kitchen. Here is my kitchen before...

kitchenfloors

and here it is now!

IMG_3075

another before...

oven

and now...

IMG_3074


Mom, when are you coming back to Texas??? I have some carpet on the stairs that desperately needs to be replaced. Can you do anything with a staple gun on stairs???

1 comment:

sdshaw said...

WOW!!! she is amazing. Okay I want a tutorial on how you painted your counter tops! That is amazing. Looks like you guys' had a great time while she was there.