Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy with Baseball

DSCN4180

We have had a busy baseball weekend.

The Gators have been playing in the Super Regionals, so we have watched a lot of baseball!

On Friday night, we decided to take Austin to his first Gator baseball game. He had been to a couple of Texas Rangers baseball games last year, but he doesn't seem to remember them, so he kept saying, "This is my first baseball game!" He was very excited... until the opening pitch.

"Okay," he said as he turned towards me. "That's enough. I am ready to go home."

By this point in the game, James was still on his way in from work, so I convinced Austin that we would at least stay until daddy arrived with some of his work friends.

DSCN4188

"Okay, mom. I am ready to leave now," Austin claimed as everyone took their seats.

I gave special permission for Austin to play on uncle dave's ipod to hold him over for a couple of innings. (If you don't remember, Austin is banned from playing on anything created by MAC until he is 5 since he broke my computer).

DSCN4183

Speaking of which, my little smarty pants and I went to ice cream with some friends this past week.

"Ms. Heather," Austin asked in all seriousness... "Is your phone made by Apple? Is it a mac?"

"No, Austin. My phone is a verizon phone," Ms. Heather replied.

And then, Austin looked up at me with huge eyes. "I can play on Ms. Heather's phone!!!" He practically screamed with excitement.

DSCN4176

At the baseball game, Austin was allowed a limited time to play games on the ipods, but this was the look I got when I told him it was time to put the phones down for a family picture.

DSCN4187

I have a feeling that I am going to be seeing a lot more of that pouting face as Austin gets older.

Fortunately for me, however, most of his looks include cheesy smiles (like this one with Aunt Kendra)

DSCN4173

rather than pouts. I love baseball and my boys!

No comments: