Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Breath.

These are some of my favorite pictures from May 2009. It is so hard to believe that a year has already passed since these pictures were taken. May 2009. The year passed so quickly, yet so slowly in other ways. May 2010. Already come and gone. Like a breath.

005228-R1-23-25

May 2009. Austin and his grandaddy were sitting in the middle of a field in Kentucky. We were celebrating the life of Austin's great-grandaddy. The day after his beautiful memorial service, we went exploring all over the Kentucky farmland. While the rest of the family explored. Grandaddy showed Austin how to pick a dandelion. And blow.

005228-R1-22-24

They didn't know that I was capturing the lesson on film.

I can't remember having to learn how to blow the dandelion. But I must have had a similar lesson at a young age. Learning to enjoy the simple things.

005228-R1-21-23

To simply allow things to float into the wind. To watch as the wind takes them to their next destination.

May 2009. I had no idea that within two months my life would be turned upside down. I would no longer live in Texas. I would have to relearn several things. I would need so many to teach me the simple things.

May 2010. I am starting to truly understand and enjoy some of the lessons.

005228-R1-20-22

1 comment:

Karen said...

welcome back, friend! and thanks for the beautiful story in pictures. <3