Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hiding under the bed

"No one lights a lamp and hides it under a bed...
Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light." Luke 8:16


Tonight I walked into the house to the sound of constant giggles.
This way, dada... no, this way!

James and Austin were in the middle of a rousing game of hide and go seek. I followed the sounds of laughter to the guest bedroom, where I immediately saw Austin - hiding under the bed.

He had decided to play hide and go seek wearing his diaper and blue shoes. This is exactly how he was hiding!
I love how he is closing his eyes so that his daddy won't be able to find him, even with his blue shoes hanging out from under the bed. Seconds later I found daddy...
Under the second guest bed immediately across from Austin. This is a typical night in my house. Lots of laughter, lots of running, lots of tickles, and lots of hide and go seek! While Austin is still working out the techniques of the game, I love how he hides his eyes with both hands, and counts to ten. I know that it won't be long before he improves and I can no longer find him by looking for his blue shoes.

"Father, help us to be shining lights in our home, in our neighborhood, and in our world. James and I don't want to hide our "light" for you under the bed. We want to let the world see Jesus through our lives. We ask that Austin will not have to search for examples of Christ in his home. I pray that they would be evident in our speech and actions. I ask that as the new school year quickly approaches, you would help us shine at school!"

No comments: