Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A New School Day

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future!" Jeremiah 29:11

Austin and one of his teachers, Miss Tatiana (who he absolutely adores! So do I!!!)

When Austin was born two years ago, I never dreamed that I would allow him to go to school at age 2! I imagined that I would have six kids, stay at home all day, cook, clean, and just be a wife and mom. After about six months of staying home (not necessarily cooking or cleaning!), I felt God pressing my heart in a new direction - a PhD program. Are you sure, Lord?

Oh, the Lord's plans for our life truly are more than we could ever ask, dream or imagine. As soon as I stepped back into the classroom to teach MDO last year, I felt complete peace about going back to school (and work). I love teaching... and can I just admit that I love working, I love being back in school, I love being a mom to just one, and I don't love cooking or cleaning (sorry, James).

There are days when I just don't want to get out of bed at all, but I am just thankful that the Lord is in control of my life instead of me!

My class with Ms. Spencer (my co-teacher)

Austin arriving at school today. It is very early (which explains his blank stare!) This is the Wednesday uniform (for Chapel day!) How cute!!!

The front of our classroom

Bulletin boards

We are learning the short i sound this week

Birthday chart

2 comments:

Kaity said...

Austin looks so cute in his little outfit!

Jenny said...

Oh, I can hardly stand it - how cute my nephew is!!!!!! I need a picture of him in that outfit. Thanks for listening to the Lord's prompting in your life - you are right where He wants you to be!