Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The strange facts of this two year old's life...

Orientations are finally over at the University of North Texas, and students will begin arriving any day to move into their "second home" - the cube that is known as a dorm room.

I will never forget my own orientation to college - completely terrifying and exciting all at the same time. I was finally entering the dream of "college life," but I was leaving behind everything comfortable, everything familiar, and everything known.

I want to pull aside every single student at orientation and say, "You are going to be okay! We are here for you!" I want to pull aside every single parent and say, "You are going to be okay!" (The parents at orientation typically look more terrified than the students.)

So, here are some pictures from summer orientations!

The BSM table

One of the 9 orientation sessions at UNT.

James telling someone about the BSM.

Austin helping Stephanie pass out candy to the new students.


Have I told you that Austin thinks he's a college student?

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh that last picture of austin is too precious!!!!!! how i miss the starting of a new school year...if i could be a full time student my entire life i think i would be =)

The Agarwals said...

Ahh... the fun of orientations! I love Austin's helper role! You know, our kids feel the same way! By the time they get to college, they'll be thinking "this is a breeze!"