Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas in Florida!

Some of my favorite Christmas moments this year...


This first picture is right before Austin started decorating his gingerbread house. I don't know if he was trying to concentrate...
"Okay, how can I make this the best gingerbread house ever?"
or if he was praying...
"Lord, thank you for the candy I see before me. Bless it to our bodies."
or if he was pleading with the Lord...
"Please let mom let me eat this candy. Please hide her eyes to what I am about to shove in my mouth.


Despite Austin's silent prayers, we had a wonderful time decorating gingerbread houses with my new sister in law, Sharon. The extended time at home allowed me to get to know this precious woman so much better. Sharon has such a passion for teaching and children. Austin is so blessed to have such great aunts and uncles!

Aunt Sharon and Andrew (3) working on his gingerbread house.

Our sweet neighbor next door made a sweater for Austin to wear on Christmas day. What 2 year old doesn't look absolutely adorable in a red Christmas sweater???

On Christmas Eve, we attended the worship service at Westside Baptist Church in Gainesville, FL. Westside holds such precious memories to us: we met at this church, James was my Sunday school teacher here (ladies, one of the benefits of attending SS), we were married here, and James was ordained by this church body. We love this church family!

and the weather was absolutely beautiful!

No comments: