Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm


Today in Denton, our schools are closed as we get ready for an ice storm. This only happens in North Texas about once a year, so we look forward to a day when schools are closed and everyone stays off the roads due to ice. I am looking forward to a day with Austin and James - playing cars, watching movies, and eating whatever we can find in our kitchen pantry.

Winter reminds me of one of my favorite chapters in the Bible: Isaiah 55

Isaiah 55:9-11 (New International Version)

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

So, I pray that today would be a day full of God's word in our hearts and coming out of our mouths to Austin. Just as the snow comes down and makes the earth bud and flourish, I pray that our times with Austin on these icy days will also accomplish the purposes that the Lord has for us as a family!

No comments: