Thursday, May 7, 2009

Living... the room.

This week, I decided to join Kelly's Party:



I have to give you the before and afters to truly make this story complete.

This is a picture of our living room before:

It is the only picture that I have pre-ownership. Sorry for the bad lighting.

IMG_2436

The living room was nice, but it just wasn't my style... so...

floor cleaned

I pulled up all the carpet and started to paint the walls a new shade of yellow!

IMG_3065

Here is my living room now. Ignore the pinkish pillows, my mom and I were experimenting. To fully understand my mom's influence on my home, please read this post about my kitchen and my $9 curtains! I love my living room, and it is definitely where we spend the majority of our time.

IMG_3063

However, I think that the favorite part of my living room is the view...

closeup

We live in Texas, folks. You need a view of the cows!

23 comments:

Rachel said...

Gorgeous floors!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

love it! Love the cow view too! :)

Kelley said...

Gorgeous! It is so unique.

Debbie said...

I love the transformation, love the couches. Debbie

Unknown said...

LOVE your couches and floors! we don't have cows but we do have WHEAT FIELDS!

Jenny said...

I love it!

Amber said...

Is your entertainment center from Ikea? i think i have the same one! I love the new blog design too! You know I love your living room...Can I come live with you again? :)

Unknown said...

What a pretty home!

Unknown said...

Wow, great transformation!!! Colors go so great together and love those fabulous floors!

Gabi said...

Wow, the redo is great! Love the floors! Great call. Love the view too! No cows here in MA lol (well, I'm sure there are cows here somewhere, just not within my view)

Watts Family said...

Yep...you got to have the view of the cows in Texas. I have them from my office window (my school campus sits on 103 acres with a pasture adjacent to it) and my future home will as well!! You have an awesome home! Have a great weekend.

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Pam Bowers said...

I love your fireplace. hehe...cows. Awesome!

Ellen said...

Wow, what a difference. I love the dark curtains against the light walls. It looks very welcoming.

Amber said...

for diapers--what about a crisis pregnancy center, church nursery or a local dr's office (mine always has extras for after weigh-ins) I don't know if they use disposable diapers in India, do they?

Unknown said...

I love the after! :-) great colors and decorating! love it :-)

FiDesigns said...

Gorgeous furniture!

 The Morris Family said...

Very nice!!! But the cows area must, we can see ours too!! I did not post a LR but I have enjoyed looking in at everyone's!!
Cindy

Mindy said...

I love your couches! Those are awesome.

Unknown said...

Beautiful floors!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

You have done an amazing job! I love the floors & fireplace. Your coffee tables are great & would be perfect in my space, I wish I could find some like that!

Lynn said...

Love the room!! I really like the couches and wood floor! Very nice!

Jessica said...

great redo! love the room!

Tara G. said...

Ooo- I think I want some cows!