Thursday, September 4, 2008

I am SO happy!

A few of our favorite things.

This is a typical conversation at our house these days...

"Austin, will you put your school bus away?"

"Yeah, mum"

"Did you mean to say, Yes, m'am?"

"Yeah, mum"


We have no idea where he picked it up, but he always says "yeah, mum" and "no, mum." It actually makes us laugh now when we hear it, and it has become one of my favorite quirks about Austin.

While he definitely has his moments of frustration, anger, etc., Austin is typically just a happy, laid back child. The other day, he was throwing a fit because I buckled his seat belt for him (instead of letting him do it himself!) I was trying to get going instead of waiting the 20 minutes that it takes him to figure out his seatbelt and buckle it... (you understand)

Anyway, he was crying and crying in the backseat and I was trying to distract him.

"Austin, would you like a granola bar?"
"Yeah, mum."
"Did you mean to say, yes m'am?"
"Yeah, mum."

A few minutes later I turned around in my seat to see how Austin was doing. He looked at me with all seriousness and said.

"I am SO happy, mum!"

What priceless words to hear from your two year old.

No comments: