Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Love for Shoes

Proverbs 16:9 "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

My son loves shoes! He wants shoes on his feet at all times and cries when I take them off at nap time. Shoes was one of the first words he could clearly say. He is not exclusive, he loves all shoes - flip flops, crocs, sandals, tennis shoes, mom's shoes, dad's shoes...

This morning, Austin woke up saying, "Boots!"
James and I have never heard him say this word before, but from the moment he woke up, he was a man on a mission. He ran to our bedroom closet and had fun trying on all the boots he could find. Here are just a few pictures.


Austin in his daddy's shoes!


Austin wearing mommy's shoes. (Yes, this will end up in a wedding slide show someday.)


Austin finally showing me his shoes!

I love listening for the "clank, clank, clank" of my shoes walking in our house or the "thump, thump, thump" when Austin has found his daddy's shoes. The other day we were all the way to Target before Kelsey (our good friend and Austin's favorite babysitter, "Sey Sey") noticed that Austin must have put his shoes on that day. His long feet were pointed outward like a strange duck as we noticed his shoes were on the wrong feet.

While it is easy for Austin to find shoes in our house, I wonder if James and I are leaving as clear a path for him to walk down. Are we leaving a trail for our son to follow in Christ's footprints?

"Lord, I ask that you would show James and I how to make right steps so we can lead our little boy. Show us the path that you have laid out for us and for Austin that we may clearly follow you."

No comments: