Friday, July 25, 2008

Sometimes... okay... Typically, we are very Messy!



I do not mind a good mess. I am not talking about dust or trash, I am talking about paint, brownie mix, chocolate, sand... a good, real mess. My mom is an artist, so I quickly understood that there was nothing wrong with paint on your clothes and clay on your fingers. I want Austin to richly experience life - a life full of messy hands, tasting new foods, and painting huge pictures. Today, Austin and I decided to take a dip in the pool. We have a beautiful pool! Have I told you about our pool? It's about 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep (only $2 at Walmart). Today, I decided that Austin needed some outside time and since it is 102 in Denton this week, the pool was a great way to spend the afternoon. So we decided to splash, to throw water at one another, to soak each other with the hose while still wearing our good clothes. I figure that if it can be washed... well, you get the picture.

Can you just picture Austin and I sitting in our pool together. He actually has to sit in my lap because I take up the whole pool. Oh, I wish that I had a picture. Then again, this is my blog, and I don't want to look ridiculous in it!

I am not just a messy mom, I am a messy teacher.


Fortunately, Ms. Carrie doesn't mind a mess herself and our classroom is full of playing and painting. Yes, we often have to stay later than other teachers cleaning our room, but I like to think that we are boosting learning (I hope!).

I tried to find a Bible verse to bolster my argument for messiness. Did you know that "messy" is not in the Bible? Well, the word isn't. But, there are lives full of messiness, and a God who cleans it all up! Oh, that's the best kind of mess!

No comments: