Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just a normal day...

I want to learn how to celebrate the ordinary!

Today, as I sat down to write my blog, I realized that I don't have anything extraordinary to share about our day. It was just a typical day in our lives. So often, I call my Mom or Mom Q and say, "I don't have anything to tell, just wanted to call." That's what I feel like today. "I don't have anything to tell..."

Then I realized, that I am so grateful for an ordinary day. We didn't have any emergency room visits, our house was still standing when I arrived home, the cars are both working, everyone is healthy... Wow! It was an ordinary day! Whooo Hooo!

I also realized that I am going to quickly forget the ordinary. I feel like the days are going to stay fresh in my mind forever, but I know that pretty soon I am going to forget what is was like to have an ordinary day with Austin as a 2 year old. So, here it is... a complete blog dedicated to our absolutely, ordinary day.

I woke up and got dressed in my "mother's day out uniform." Red t-shirt, ponytail, jeans, sneakers, and very little makeup. I woke up Austin at 7:30 am and then he ate a banana and cereal while I packed lunches. I got him dressed and he cried when I turned off Mickey Mouse Club to get him to brush his teeth.

Austin typically finishes his breakfast in the car - while I become the bag lady.
- A diaper bag
- 2 lunches
- Nap mat for Austin
- Ducky or "quack quack"
- and numerous bags full of teaching tricks, supplies, and bribes for my own classroom.

If we leave early enough, we have time to pull through Sonic where I order my large Coke and we are off for a caffeinated day of teaching and learning.








Here we are in our car ready to go!
Not really, at the moment, I am driving a 2004 Honda Accord and James is still driving our awesome 1999 Toyota Forerunner with close to 200,000 miles. So, yes, this could be a picture of Austin in our forerunner.

School starts at 9 am and is a full day of play, music, computer, phonics, crafts, etc. until 2:00 pm.

We leave and Austin normally falls asleep immediately when we get in the car. Today, we went to the grocery store! Austin fell asleep on the way home anyway! Austin naps and I check email, blog, watch tv, or sleep... I should be doing laundry, dishes, or cleaning the house, but I don't want to:) After naps, we play and Austin helps me cook dinner. Tonight we are making lasagna. James comes home, we eat, we play, Austin gets a bath and goes to bed! Yeah for the ordinary!


I'll add a prayer on here later for Austin, but right now I smell my lasagna burning! - maybe i'll have an extraordinary story to tell after all!

1 comment:

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Could your blog be any cuter? Um, no. ;-)