Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Other Side of the Story

"We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself." John 8:41

Yesterday, I told you all about my messy side... today it is time to tell you about my other side... James Kenneth Quesenberry



When I make a mess, James is always there to help me clean it up. James loves a house in order, everything in its place (especially dishes and laundry). His "love language" is acts of service and he feels so loved when he comes home to me vacuuming..
sometimes I wish he felt love when he came home to a huge watercolor painting lesson going on in the middle of the coffee table...

I am so thankful for his patience in the midst of the mess, and I love having my best friend around to share in this adventure called "parenthood!"

I love to watch James and Austin play. I love to watch them wrestle on the bed at the end of the day. I love the way James throws the ball on top of the roof while Austin giggles with glee. I love the way Austin runs to the door and yells "DADA!!!" when he hears the garage door open around 6pm every night. And I love the way Austin screams "DADA" every time we pass a Starbucks. Maybe I should be concerned...

Oh, how we are so richly blessed! Some of my friends have really struggled over the years with the idea of God being a "father." Their earthly fathers invoked such hurt and pain that considering God a "father" was just too difficult. I, on the other hand, found it so easy to understand God as a Father. My own dad provided such stability, such security, and such love that I wanted God to be like my dad.

I believe that Austin is going to have the same kind of rich experience - with a daddy who is so head over heels in love!





"Austin, I pray that you will always understand how much your daddy loves you! I want you to know that he has always been so proud of you and loves to show you off to the world. Today, he was so excited that all the older women at Sam's stopped to tell him how precious you are. He loves to tell Austin stories, because he loves you. You dad will never be perfect, Austin, but I hope that you will always find it so easy to call God "Father" because of the daddy you have been given!"

No comments: